MMMmmmm Food!

MMMmmmm Food!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY - Blue Cheese Chicken Meatballs with Buffalo Dipping Sauce



If there is one thing I love, above all other foods, it has to be some good, ol' BAR FOOD!  Who doesn't enjoy some wings or pigs in a blanket?  Don't even get me started on nachos - That is probably the first thing I learned how to make.

I love wings.

I got the idea for this recipe about a week ago and started to do research on "chicken meatballs."  I saw some recipes that helped with the general idea.  Anyway - I thought it would be amazing to take a dish like "buffalo wings with blue cheese dip" and transform it into a meatball appetizer!

Here's the list of ingredients I used:

1 lbs. Ground Chicken
1 Egg
3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Celery (Leaves too)
1/4 cup Parsley Leaves
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
2/3 cup Crumbles Blue Cheese
Grape Seed Oil Spray

Preheat oven to 450



There's the 1 pound of ground chicken.


These are the celery leaves you want to chop up.  (When you buy a stalk of celery - these are in the center of the stalk - great to use in soup too!)  If you don't have enough leaves, finely chop the base parts too.

Throw everything in a bowl and mix it up...  I started with that plastic spoon - and moved quickly to using my hands.  It's just easier that way - and fun to get MESSY.


Once everything but the blue cheese is mixed together - add the blue cheese and mix it up some more.


On a baking sheet - spray a cooling rack with the grape seed oil.  That way the meatballs will come off easily once cooked.  Also spray the tops of each meatball with a tiny amount of oil.


The easiest buffalo sauce is:  1/3 cup Franks Red Hot + 3 tbsp Butter (melt it together).  Amazing wing sauce and super easy.


Awwwww look!  Taz is gearing up for the big game with a pre-dinner NAP (and leaving Daddy alone in the kitchen to cook).

Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.  Then I put them under the broiler for 2 minutes - just to get a little more color on them.


Here is where you can add some of the celery sticks to the plate too!  The sauce is probably "medium" - but if you want "HOT" use less butter and more Franks.


For this being the first time making these... they came out pretty damn good!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I wish I were there to eat with you!!!
    John

    ReplyDelete